U.S. Veterans health care F.A.Q.

Veterans Healthcare FAQ Veterans Pharmacy Costa Rica

Do we have health care?

Yes, all U.S. Veterans have full health care coverage through the Affordable Care Act, also known as the healthcare law. This means that if you served in any division of the military of the United States, you have been granted free health services.

What does de health care for veterans cover?

The law grants full coverage, it includes medications, surgeries, medical checkups, psychological guidance, and more! There are a lot of different insurance companies out there and their coverage and specialization may vary. In most cases, TRICARE and the Foreign Medical Program (FMP) have you covered.

Does health care for Veterans has coverage outside the United States?

Yes, it does, it has worldwide coverage through the FMP of Veterans Affairs, even if you are retiring or on a vacation. You have to sign up to the FMP and contact a local Certified Medical Biller so you don’t have to pay a single dollar.

What is the Foreign Medical Program?

The Foreign Medical Program (FMP) is a health care benefits program for U.S. Veterans who are living or traveling abroad, provided by Veterans Affairs (VA) for service-connected disabilities.

How to sign up?

It is necessary to sign in to FMP, the health care program of Veterans Affairs. To do you have to fill up some forms to prove your service and choose the coverage you are going to need. In all this paperwork and legal business, you can expect the unconditional help of Aida Granados, our Certified Medical Biller. She can explain the requirements and help you gather all of the information.

How does it work? How do I get the benefits?

Once you’ve signed up to FMP or any other insurance company for veterans, you’ll get a Veteran Health Identification Card that you can use in any certified medical center. There are certified hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies all around the globe, that you can have access for free if you present your Veteran Health Identification Card and contact a Certified Medical Biller.

What is a Certified Medical Biller and why do I need one?

FMP and any health care system for U.S. Veterans need a Certified Medical Biller who ensures the standards of the medical company and that the money from your insurance gets to the person who provided the medical service, without the Veteran having to pay a single dollar.

Does FMP have coverage for any medication?

It covers only the medication needed for your specific disability and it needs to be prescribed by a doctor.

Free RX medication to any us veteran living or visiting Costa Rica